Cloudability is Looking for a VP of Engineering
Cloudability is a Portland/Bay Area based startup that is changing the way companies measure, monitor and analyze their cloud based infrastructure. With a growing team that works closely together, we move fast and enjoy what we do. Over 7,000 companies across the globe use our platform today. Come join the fun and build something big with us.
As part of Cloudability’s Executive Team, the Vice President of Engineering oversees our growing team of software engineers. This is a hands-on role, where you will be using your experience as a software engineering manager in a rapidly growing environment to lead the engineering function, mentor staff and expand the team. In addition, you will use your experience solving significant and complex technical problems to serve as the strategic technical leader for Cloudability, partnering closely with the rest of our executive team as we continue to build great products our customers will love.
What we are Looking for:
• Demonstrated success as a software engineering manager in a rapidly growing environment, with the ability to lead and grow an engineering team in multiple locations.
• Software engineering chops – you value how code is written and enjoy teaching design patterns, OOP, etc.
• Significant experience delivering web applications/services.
• Demonstrated success working with cloud-based infrastructure services.
• Big data and distributed systems domain experience (i.e. Hadoop, map reduce patterns, processing/
• Experience utilizing agile methodologies.
• Familiarity with and ability to manage DevOps.
• Fluent in Ruby/RoR or ability to pick it up quickly (other languages a plus).
• Great communicator at all levels of the organization.
What we’re offering:
• A competitive full-time salary and stock options. We want you to be excited to be a part of a startup, not starve.
• Fully paid health care, dental and vision insurance for you and your family.• Optional FSA debit card to cover non-standard medical expenses.• Flexible paid leave time.
• Friday Happy Hour and other fun company events.
Contact Mat (at) Cloudability dot com if you are interested.